Step 1: Verify that the app can be transferred
Before an app can be transferred it has to meet the following criteria:
- Both apple developer accounts accounts can’t be in a pending or changing state, and the latest version of the agreements in the Agreements, Tax, and Banking section must be accepted.
- The App must have had at least one version that has been released to the App Store.
- TestFlight beta testing should be turned off for all beta versions of the app.
Step 2: Backup all app information
After an app is removed from your account after an app transfer, we recommend you backup all information about the app before you transfer it. It’s a good idea to keep a record of your appʼs metadata and pricing, note dates the app was available on the App Store, and save sales and download information.
Step 3: Initiate the app transfer
The team agent in your organization initiates the app transfer.
Step 4: Accept the app transfer
The team agent in the recipient organization accepts the app transfer.
Initiate an app transfer
- Click "My Apps" on the homepage. A list of all apps will display. Select the app you want to transfer and scroll to the 'Additional Information' section, click "Transfer App,' then click "Done."
- If your app meets all the criteria mentioned above, click "Done." If the app doesn't meet all criteria you should resolve the issues.
- Enter the Apple ID and Team ID for the recipient’s team agent, and click "Continue."
- Read the terms, select “I have read and agree to the agreement presented above,” and click "Request Transfer."
- Click "Done" to return to the App Information page.
After you initiate the transfer, the app stays in its previous status, with the Pending App Transfer status added, until the recipient accepts it.
When you have finished the transfer the recipient's developer account will receive an email. After that the recipient should accept the transferred app in appstore connect.
Sign in to appstore Connect as the Team Agent. A notice appears indicating that an app is ready to be transferred.
- In the Transfer Agreements section, locate the app being transferred in the Contracts In Process subsection and click Review.
- Read the contract terms, and select “I have read and agree to the agreement presented above,” and click Accept. It can take up to two business days for the app transfer to complete, during which the app status is listed as Processing App Transfer.